Sunday, October 26, 2008
The kicker
My 35th birthday is around the corner so lately I've been thinking about getting older. Last night Jim and I had a babysitter for the boys (the first ever thanks to wonderful family that lives closeby). I got the babysitter's name from a friend of mine in the neighborhood and didn't know much about her. She and I were talking for a while after she arrived at our house and she mentioned that she played volleyball at Westlake. I mentioned that I was on the first state championship volleyball team at Westlake - back in 1991 She responds with "oh, that's the year I was born." And, there it is!!! I felt so old and just laughed....wow! But, at the same time I have been so very blessed with every year that I'm certainly not sad about getting older!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Are you serious? That makes me feel old too.
Post a Comment