Saturday, August 22, 2009

Preston prepares for Kindergarten

Preston starts Kindergarten on Monday! His teacher is Miss Schnur and he seems excited to start school. I think he is mostly excited about getting on the bus with the other kids from the cul-d-sac. We attended Muffin Morning yesterday and got to see his room and the other kids in his class. Lily, who lives across the street from us is in his class – they plan to ride the bus and walk to their class together so we’ll see how that goes.

I think Preston going on the bus to school Monday will be the hardest for Brandon. Poor kid is dying to be the same age as Preston and do everything with him. I am excited for Preston and anxious to hear how his first day goes when he gets home. I am definitely not excited about being on a school schedule but such is life. And, this year we won’t be going much of anywhere with the twins on the way :)

The first week of school we will be taking Preston out early on Thursday for my brother’s wedding. So, his chances of perfect attendance are shot the first week – oh well!

Please say a special prayer that Preston has a wonderful first day - and, that Brandon and I handle it well :)

2 comments:

PAL said...

Good luck, Preston! Can't wait to hear how his first day goes!!

Whitney said...

Can't wait to hear all about Preston's 1st day (and how mommy does!)