We had our 24 week appointment and everything continues to look good. The babies weigh 1 lb 8 oz and 1 lb 12 oz. I passed the blood sugar test - yippie! No 3 hour test and no gestational diabetes! The doctor measured my belly and it measures as someone carrying a single baby at 32 weeks - lovely! We go back to the dr in 2 weeks and have another sonogram in 4 weeks.
I thought it might be a good time to document two comments from Preston that stick with me. In the sonogram room he said "Wow, that is a lot of responsibility!" when we told him we'd be having 2 babies. Then, on the way home he said "We're going to need a lot of heavy equipment." These days Preston is so excited to feel the babies kick and move around. He asked if he could go to the next sonogram to see the babies again so we're planning to take him. He is concerned about how many days I'll be staying in the hospital but seems to be okay knowing he can come visit and stay with me a lot, except if he has to be at school.
Brandon feeds off whatever Preston does or says so he is also touching my belly a lot to feel the babies move. And, after feeling them the other day he told Jim as soon as he got home from work that the babies were kicking.
We are starting to get everything ready for the babies. My mom and I went shopping and had so much fun looking! We are certainly going to have more fun once they arrive! I've been told my energy level is going to plumet in a couple of weeks so I'm trying to get as prepared as possible over the next 3-4 weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Glad things continue to go well with the babies! I still can't believe there are TWO! Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks!
Hey Amy! OMG - I can't believe you are having twins! That is so exciting! Hang in there!
Post a Comment