Thursday, August 21, 2008

A black eye and other happenings

Yes, a black eye and I'm the one that got it! Brandon, Preston and I were playing around and Brandon's heel ended up in my right eye....so, my eye is a little puffy and blue. It happened today so I'm guessing tomorrow it'll look even more attractive :)

Aside from my injury we've had a fun couple of days this week. Yesterday afternoon we had some of the boys in the cul-de-sac over to play...they had a ball! So much so that we invited them all to stay for dinner and continue the fun. We invited Jim's brother and his wife to come join us too! Once the other kiddos left Preston enjoyed playing a couple of games (Clue, Jr and a Pokemon game) with Garrett and Larissa before he went to bed. G&L stayed and watched a movie with me and Jim - it was such a fun evening it really didn't seem like a weeknight!

I had a dr appt this morning so the kids were at Nancy's house (Jim's mom)...when I went to pick them up Nancy's neighbor Jo and her grand-daughter were there. We all decided to head to Zilker Park to ride the train, play on the playground and snowcones, of course! We then went to Burger King for lunch! After a little down time we headed outside with some of the neighbor boys and they ended up playing in the mud. Such boys!!! They had a terrific time and it was fun to watch how creative they could be w/ water and dirt!















1 comment:

Whitney said...

I was hoping to see the black eye...