I keep thinking I'm going to remember things but my memory is not proving to be very good. So, I wanted to document what a "typical" day is for the babies right now as well as some about their personalities. They wake up between 7:30am and 8:30am. Hayden is a Coultas and not good at waking up. He usually has several instances of stretching and then falling back to sleep before he actually opens his eyes. He will blink a few times and once he is awake will give the cutest smiles! Ashley on the other hand will flutter her eyes a couple of times and then be wide awake - smiling and talking! She is chatty, especially in the mornings....I love to listen to all her noises and wonder what is going through that adorable mind.
Anyhow - once they are awake they get diapers changed and put on their first outfit of the day. Then they eat and we usually have time to "talk" for a while. If they wake up before Preston and Brandon are ready for school then I'll put them in their cribs to watch a mobile and stretch for a few minutes. They will spend about 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours awake and playing before needing a morning nap. None of their naps are very long - maybe 45 minutes at the very longest - with most being between 20 and 30 minutes. But, they are sleeping good at night so I am not concerned about the nap times :) Depending on how long the nap goes they will spend a while playing before eating again. This is pretty much the same cycle all day long. Between 6 and 6:30pm I bathe them, nurse them and put them to bed. They are usually asleep between 7 and 7:30pm. Most nights they'll wake up twice but there have been nights they have slept from 7:30pm to 5:30am. I am now at the point that if one wakes up during the night I do not wake the other if he/she is sleeping soundly. It is usually Ashley that wakes up to eat and Hayden that sleeps longer without eating.
I've had a lot of people ask if I a nursing them and how that works. They are exclusively breastfeeding at this point and I nurse them at the same time. I have a big nursing pillow made for twins and love it!! I'm lucky that they are both fast eaters - although they are starting to get distracted by each other and other things going on in the room now so it sometimes takes a bit longer.
They love sitting up and they enjoy watching Preston and Brandon do just about anything. They are grabbing onto things and getting everything to their mouth. Ashley loves her pacifier and Hayden has decided to spit his out and suck his thumb instead - so far it's always his right thumb. Hayden grunts where Ashley squeals and they both love to hear their voices! There are times that I pick them both up and then lay them down but as they are getting bigger I find myself mostly carrying one at a time. If they are laying together and I come over and pick one up, the other one gets their feelings hurt and will cry. They are going to have to learn to take turns but I still feel bad each time it happens. It didn't become an issue until recently. The same thing will happen if I am playing with one of their toes and then switch to the other's toes....the one that I stopped playing with will get fussy while waiting for me to come back to their toes.



2 comments:
Wow- sounds like you have your hands full with that schedule! Glad they are both doing well! I still tear up when Austin gets shots- it's horrible...
I love playing with their toes! So fun to see them this past weekend. Ashley's bows are too cute. And I love what a hunk Hayden is -- oh those cheeks!
Post a Comment