Sunday, February 14, 2010

T-ball, chess, and soccer - oh my!

We have started the spring activities - Preston is playing soccer, t-ball and taking an after-school class to learn how to play chess. He and another boy in his class are both taking it and are really enjoying it. I wish I could take an adult version of it so I would be able to play with him :) I will have to find another way to learn chess. He had his first t-ball practice today and is excited to be on the Cubs with our neighbor as well as a boy from his class.

Brandon started soccer but the weather has not cooperated - hopefully he'll have his first session on Wednesday. He is SO excited to play anything and I am looking forward to seeing how he likes it.

Besides those activities, the boys are usually playing outside with the cul-d-sac kids. So far it's worked out for me to put the babies in their infant seats in the stroller. Usually they fall asleep but at least we are all out getting some fresh air! And, it allows time for me to do things with Preston and Brandon like draw with sidewalk chalk, kick the soccer ball, etc. This is only when the other boys aren't out to play with....once they arrive then I am dropped like a hot potato!

I've struggled to find time to spend one-on-one with Preston or Brandon but am doing my best! I try to remind myself that we are in a transition - not only with the twins, but with Jim working more for the next two months. So I do the best I can and try to be okay with it. It is nice when thing work-out....for example, Jim took Brandon with him to the store Saturday afternoon. Both babies went to sleep so Preston and I were able to play a few games together and it was wonderful! He beat me at Monopoly Junior which is a favorite game around our house.

On Mon, Wed & Fri when Brandon doesn't have preschool we usually get time to play. Assuming the babies will go down for naps at the same time then it allows Brandon and I to have time to play. This means that laundry, dishes, etc. aren't always done but those are the last on my list and the least important right now....so if you stop by my house please overlook the mess :)




No comments: